Though, I didn’t get as much sewing time as I would have liked in January… (seriously, it’s Winter in Iowa, theoretically, I should have LOTS of indoor time–yet I seemed to be on-the-go all month long!) I did get a some mending done, including hemming some pants and fixing my favorite mittens:
I made this block over the weekend for Michele, the recipient of the January One Block Over blocks:
I had made a quilt from This same line of fabric, but not with all these prints and colorways. I LOVE the strawberries…
One thing I always do with block exchange or Bee blocks, is sign them, on the back, on a seam allowance. It’s a good way for the recipient to keep track of who made which block as they come back in the mail (and who knows, maybe someday, after I’m long gone, someone will come across this and wonder about the life of a quilter from Iowa who made that block in 2011)…Hey, it could happen.
I also made this block over the weekend, it’s a block to use in my Sew Connected 2 quilt. It’s always fun to create-as-you-go, no pattern, just sew and cut and stitch until you decide it’s finished!
Here’s a quick glimpse of part of this block along with the other twelve I received:
The to-do list is still quite long, but it’s always good to see progress!